Tuesday, June 17, 2008

well...here i am. exposed in the bloggers' world. this may or may not affect anyone other than myself, and that's okay. i'm here...
as i sit here alone in front of this computer screen, i am thinking about how life-changing this past weekend was for me. i got a chance to go to women of faith with melissa, kayla, and heather...and it was amazing! i only wish i could bottle up the incredibly intimate moments that i shared with my God and give them to everyone i could. i was in desperate need of this weekend. as i look back, i realize the slow fade into which i had fallen. the passionate flame which once raged like an inferno in my heart had dicipated to nearly nothing over a time. this weekend kindled the fire...and for that i am very thankful.
to the amazing women who keep women of faith alive: i thank you. you are all beautiful, and God uses each of you in a captivating way that changes lives.
i don't want this to be one of those "camp highs" that people always have when they come back from church camp in their adolescent years. it is worth too much to me to just let it fade away.
tonight i was driving back to town from my dad's. i was listening to natalie grant (whom i also met at women of faith...she is amazing!!!), and one of my favorite songs came on. the chorus says, "i will stumble. i will fall down, but i will not be moved. i will make mistakes. i will face heartache, but i will not be moved. on Christ the solid rock i stand, all other ground is sinking sand. i will not be moved." it was a great moment in my car singing along with her...knowing that i'm going to struggle. i may fall, but the hand that i hold is holding onto me tighter that i can imagine, and HE is never going to let me go. i have a hard time wrapping my mind around why my Father would ever want me. i am such a mess...yet HE is molding me. HE sees me for what i can be (thank goodness!) and not what i am. HE sees me as beautiful...even when i'm still just on my way.

2 comments:

Lemon Princess said...

I am so excited that you have started a blog...and might I say that you are a beautiful person and wonderful writer and I cannot wait to share your thoughts as God places them on your heart! I love ya!!

Mel said...

What an amazing heart you have dear Alicia! I am so grateful for you and what you mean to this family. I love that I might just be along for the ride on this wonderful journey. This blog will stretch you more than you will ever understand in the beginning. I am so blessed by the encounters and influence of so many amazing women-you being among that group!